Subject: Re: bug#15392: xorg-server FTBFS

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:02:03 +0200

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Should nix not have the same problem?

They don’t run the tests.  :-)

However, the real server is passed:

  "-xkbdir" "${pkgs.xkeyboard_config}/etc/X11/xkb"

(See <https://github.com/NixOS/nixos/blob/master/modules/services/x11/xserver.nix>.)

But here, for tests/xtest.c there’s no server running apparently.

> +       (list (string-append "--with-xkb-path="
> +                            (assoc-ref %build-inputs "xkeyboard-config")
> +                            "/share/X11/xkb")

Looking at configure.ac, I think you have to do just that.  Then you can
check the value of XKB_BASE_DIRECTORY in config.log, to make sure
everything’s right.

Can you then run test/xtest in strace and check where it’s looking for
XKB files?

TIA,
Ludo’.