Subject: bug#15387: closed (Re: bug#15387: 24.3.50; make-frame-hook in ns-win)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:10:05 +0000

Your bug report

#15387: 24.3.50; make-frame-hook in ns-win

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15387: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15387
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15387: 24.3.50; make-frame-hook in ns-win
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:09:36 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Bernd wrote:

> The hook added to `before-make-frame-hook' in ns-win.el does no longer
> work for Emacs 24, because the `parameters' argument in `make-frame' is
> now locally bound to `params'.

This hook was removed altogether a few days ago in Emacs trunk.

Subject: 24.3.50; make-frame-hook in ns-win
From: Bernd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:49:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The hook added to `before-make-frame-hook' in ns-win.el does no longer
work for Emacs 24, because the `parameters' argument in `make-frame' is
now locally bound to `params'.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2013-08-20 on bob.porkrind.org
Bzr revision: 113956 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --build=i686-apple-darwin
 --with-ns'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
s-x <escape> x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
kill-region: The mark is not set now, so there is no region

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)