Subject: Re: bug#15365: 24.3.50; Segfault when calling vc-git-log-edit-toggle-amend

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 06:01:29 +0300

On 14.09.2013 16:45, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I've been using `vc-git-log-edit-toggle-amend' without crashes for
>> nearly a year now, since it's been added.
>
> If you can identify the last revision where this abort didn't happen,
> I could try figuring out what changed.

It's 114149.

(TIL that 'git bisect', unlike its Bazaar counterpart, supports 
filtering commits by files they touched. xdisp.c, in this example).

On 14.09.2013 16:29, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
 >> Why scratch?
 >
 > Because it could be messed up by the testing.

None of GitHub repositories are publicly writable, so there's zero 
danger of that.

 > I don't know how to make sure my commits are never pushed.

Aside from you not having commit rights, Git doesn't have anything 
analogous to Bzr's bound branches built-in, so 'git push' always has to 
be called explicitly (or one can write a custom hook).

To reproduce this bug, the only git command you'd have to type is 'git 
clone', then edit some file inside, then `C-x v v' and `C-c C-e'.

In all likelihood, though, you won't be able to reproduce it, since I 
can't do that starting from 'emacs -Q' either. Sorry about not trying 
that up until now.