Subject: bug#15356: closed (Re: bug#15356: [PATCH 00/19] Fedora parted patches)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 04:17:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15356: [PATCH 00/19] Fedora parted patches

which was filed against the parted package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15356: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15356
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15356: [PATCH 00/19] Fedora parted patches
From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:16:45 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Patches pushed, save for the dasd patches which will need resubmitted
when cleaned up.

Subject: [PATCH 00/19] Fedora parted patches
From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:24:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>

Here is the stack of patches that I'm currently carrying for the master branch
of parted in Fedora. I think patches 1-12 have been posted before, but I
recently rebased things onto parted master. The patches adding new flags
(13-16) are all new.

Patch 4 is my take on handling the uuid of dm devices.

Patch 18 is similar to Phillip's, except that I didn't see any reason to sync
all the partition devices since all of our access is via offsets into the
parent device so I left the kernel 2.6 check in place.

Brian C. Lane (14):
  libparted: copy pmbr_boot when duplicating GPT disk
  tests: test creating 20 device-mapper partitions (#803108)
  libparted: use dm_udev_wait (#698121)
  libparted: preserve the uuid on dm partitions (#832145)
  tests: Make sure dm UUIDs are not erased
  libparted: don't canonicalize /dev/md/ paths (#872361)
  tests: rewrite t6001 to use /dev/mapper
  libparted: Add Intel Rapid Start Technology partition flag.
  libparted: Add UEFI System Partition flag.
  libparted: Add hfs_esp partition flag to GPT.
  libparted: Recognize btrfs filesystem
  tests: Add btrfs and xfs to the fs probe test
  libparted: Flush parent device on open (#962611)
  tests: Restrict gpt-header-munge to little-endian systems

Nageswara R Sastry (5):
  libparted: add support for implicit FBA DASD partitions
  libparted: add support for EAV DASD partitions
  libparted: mklabel to support EAV DASD
  libparted: Avoid dasd as default disk type while probe
  libparted: mklabel to support EDEV DASD

 NEWS                                             |  18 ++
 doc/C/parted.8                                   |   2 +-
 doc/parted.texi                                  |  13 +
 include/parted/disk.in.h                         |   7 +-
 include/parted/fdasd.in.h                        |  93 +++++-
 include/parted/vtoc.in.h                         |  59 +++-
 libparted/arch/linux.c                           |  74 +++--
 libparted/device.c                               |   7 +-
 libparted/disk.c                                 |   6 +
 libparted/fs/Makefile.am                         |   1 +
 libparted/fs/btrfs/btrfs.c                       |  78 +++++
 libparted/labels/dasd.c                          |  64 +++-
 libparted/labels/dos.c                           |  42 +++
 libparted/labels/fdasd.c                         | 353 +++++++++++++++++------
 libparted/labels/gpt.c                           |  84 ++++++
 libparted/labels/vtoc.c                          | 173 +++++++++--
 libparted/libparted.c                            |   4 +
 tests/Makefile.am                                |   2 +
 tests/t0210-gpt-resized-partition-entry-array.sh |   5 +
 tests/t0211-gpt-rewrite-header.sh                |   5 +
 tests/t1700-probe-fs.sh                          |   2 +-
 tests/t6001-psep.sh                              |  42 ++-
 tests/t6004-dm-many-partitions.sh                |  60 ++++
 tests/t6005-dm-uuid.sh                           |  58 ++++
 24 files changed, 1061 insertions(+), 191 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 libparted/fs/btrfs/btrfs.c
 create mode 100755 tests/t6004-dm-many-partitions.sh
 create mode 100755 tests/t6005-dm-uuid.sh

-- 
1.8.3.1