Subject: 24.3.50; isearch wrap is replaced with multi-isearch

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:22:50 -0400

Alas, I cannot reproduce the problem from "emacs -Q". Sorry.

I get this error since I rebuilt and restarted emacs this morning,
I use desktop-save-mode, so all my many buffer are restored.

When I hit C-s repeatedly, expecting isearch wrap to the BOB,
I get this error instead:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function nil)
  nil(#<buffer bt2.json> t)
  multi-isearch-wrap()
  isearch-repeat(forward)
  isearch-repeat-forward()
  call-interactively(isearch-repeat-forward nil nil)
  command-execute(isearch-repeat-forward)

Obviously I am somehow stuck in misearch, and I wonder how to get out of it.

Also, it would be nice if misearch completely exited when
multi-isearch-next-buffer-current-function is nil.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.14 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-09-11 on t520sds
Bzr revision: 114210 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --with-wide-int'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Javascript

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-M-k 4 1 6 M-/ C-M-b <backspace> <return> <select-window> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <double-drag-mouse-1> <select-window> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <select-window> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-M-k 4 1 6 M-/ 
<return> <help-echo> <select-window> <select-window> 
<help-echo> <select-window> <help-echo> <select-window> 
<select-window> <select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-1> z <help-echo> <select-window> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <f9> <help-echo> <select-window> <select-window> 
<select-window> <select-window> <select-window> <select-window> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 1 <select-window> <select-window> 
<select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x b b t 
2 . <tab> <backspace> j <tab> <return> <C-home> C-s 
s a m p l e C-s C-s C-s C-s q q q q q q q q C-] C-] 
C-] C-] C-s C-s <up> <up> <down> <down> <M-left> C-s 
C-w C-s C-s C-s <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-1> 
<help-echo> <select-window> <help-echo> C-x 1 C-s C-s 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down> <end> C-x C-e 
<down> C-x C-e <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> 
<M-left> <M-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s <M-left> C-h v <return> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-1> <select-window> 
<select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s <M-left> 
C-s C-w C-s C-x C-x <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> <M-left> 
<M-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s C-x C-x C-s C-s C-w 
C-w C-s C-s C-s <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <up> <home> <tab> 
<up> <up> <M-left> M-d C-/ C-/ <help-echo> <select-window> 
<select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> 
<select-window> <select-window> <select-window> <select-window> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-s 
C-w <select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> q <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <M-left> C-s C-w C-s C-s C-s <return> q <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-s v e r C-w C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
<help-echo> <select-window> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
C-] C-] C-] C-s C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x 
s d s - <M-backspace> r e p o <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...

Mark saved where search started
multi-isearch-wrap: Symbol's function definition is void: nil [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Quit
call-interactively: No recursive edit is in progress [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Entering debugger...
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/sds/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-0.4.13/flymake hides /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/sds/src/sitelisp/jdee/lisp/.dir-locals hides /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win emacsbug message cl-macs gv rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums find-func dabbrev
cl-indent pp help-mode debug dired-aux ispell skeleton log-edit
pcvs-util time-stamp diff-mode remember make-mode noutline outline
easy-mmode cperl-mode sgml-mode vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher misearch
multi-isearch bug-reference add-log auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup
sh-script smie conf-mode cc-langs js json vc-git js2-mode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-styles cc-align cc-cmds cc-engine vc-hg
vc-bzr info package vlf dired midnight autoloads gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs bbdb
timezone rcirc edit-server server uniquify which-func imenu url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars paren
help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse
mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile ess-tracebug
format-spec ess-roxy advice hideshow ess-help ess-developer ess-r-args
eldoc help-fns ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint ansi-color ring ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable easymenu ess-compat
ess-site cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) X 11.0.11303000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://dhimmi.com http://www.memritv.org
http://camera.org http://mideasttruth.com http://honestreporting.com
A philosophical argument is won by the first to pull the trigger.