Subject: bug#1534 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1534: Font lock decoration levels mismatch?)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1534: Font lock decoration levels mismatch?

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1534: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1534
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Fri Dec 12 20:22:18 2008
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#1534: Font lock decoration levels mismatch?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:21:35 -0500

I have clarified the documentation.

Glenn Morris wrote:

> There should be a separate element at the start giving the default
> highlighting for the mode.

BTW, it's not really the "default" any more. It's the level used when
font-lock-maximum-decoration has a nil value. Nowaways it is t by
default.

>From [email-masked] Wed Dec 10 11:51:44 2008
Subject: Font lock decoration levels mismatch?
From: Derick Eddington <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:51:33 -0800

I'm using:
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.3) of
2008-10-13 on rothera, modified by Debian

The documentation at "23.6.1 Font Lock Basics" and "23.6.5 Levels of
Font Lock" refers to level numbers starting at 1, but when I customize
the level for a specific mode (one I'm still developing) the number
given to Customize is 0-based not 1-based; i.e., my `font-lock-defaults'
`KEYWORDS' member is like `(level-1 level-2 level-3 level-4)' and, e.g.,
to make Customize use level-3 I have to tell it the number 2.  Should
Customize do 1-based indexing instead so it corresponds to the
documentation, or the documentation use 0-based?

-- 
: Derick
----------------------------------------------------------------