Subject: Re: bug#15322: VC log buffer scrolls itself

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:57:47 +0000

Having re-read Stefan's comment:

> > It's natural to select a particular
> > revision when running vc-print-log from (say) vc-annotate, but for
> > a plain `C-x v l', the user just wants to see "the log" and presumably
> > doesn't care about which revision happens to be current.

... perhaps I was going too far, but a fix is still needed to stop
point jumping to the beginning of the buffer when working-revision is
null (at least in Subversion). I suggest not calling
`goto-location-func' or setting vc-sentinel-movepoint when
working-revision is null, in `vc-print-log-internal'.

I also suggest a null working-revision be passed by
`vc-print-root-log', by the same argument Stefan used for
`vc-print-log'.

On 19 November 2014 21:19, Richard Copley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Glenn's change doesn't completely solve the problem, because
> `log-view-goto-rev' goes to the beginning of the buffer when REV is
> null, and because all the other callers of `vc-log-internal' are also
> affected. It would be better to comment out the `goto-location-func'
> call in `vc-log-internal'. Having done that, you will find that you
> need to comment out the following line as well, or point will move to
> the end of the buffer instead.
>
> Note this is a duplicate of bug 6351.