Subject: bug#15322: VC log buffer scrolls itself

From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 18:04:45 +0200

Bumping this bug.

It is very annoying, because our repository grew quite large, so almost all
logs take at least 5-10 seconds to be generated fully and Emacs snatches
point from me when the log generation is complete. Even if it scrolls back
to the top it is still disruptive as I may be reading second page of
history already.

Paul

On 24 October 2013 16:24, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > IMHO scrolling should only happen if point is still at BOB.
>
> FWIW, I agree with Paul that scrolling is just a bad idea here.
> It's good to do it when we specifically requested to see the log comment
> of a particular revision (e.g. we already have a log displayed and from
> vc-annotate we ask for the comment of some revision), but otherwise it's
> just a waste of effort that ends up annoying more often than not.
>
>
>         Stefan
>