Subject: Re: ‘--no-substitutes’ is ignored on i686

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 23:32:45 +0200

(Moving to bug-guix.  Please reply to the bug address.
See <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2013-09/msg00064.html>
for the beginning of the report.)

Nikita Karetnikov <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I can confirm this bug on i686. The same happens with "guix package
>> --no-substitutes -i gnupg". On x86-64, everything works as expected.
>
> Does it mean that the daemon is the cause of the problem since the error
> is platform-specific?

It looks as though ‘set-build-options’ was not passing through correctly
serialized data.

So, could you add a bunch of ‘pk’ in ‘set-build-options’ in store.scm,
as well as in the corresponding code in nix-daemon.cc (under
‘wopSetOptions’, in particular), to see whether something gets munged on
the way?

TIA,
Ludo’.