Subject: 24.3.50; cannot type non-ascii characters using right alt, cp852, windows console (non-gui cmd terminal)

From: Jarek Czekalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:49:04 +0200

Before starting emacs with -nw -Q I type unicode x107 character
with AltGr-c. In emacs it does not work, despite doing
set-keyboard-coding-system cp852

It works only in emacs 22.3.1, not in 23, 24 nor in current repo.
I can see the character if I enter it using polish-slash method (/c).
In this old emacs it works out of the box, with pure -nw.

In current emacs AltGr-c is translated into C-g. Similar
simplifications happen to other right alt combination, that
should give me Polish characters.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
  of 2013-09-06 on BONSOFTW7
Bzr revision: 114155 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --without-makeinfo'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: PLK
   locale-coding-system: cp1250
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
("D:\\Program_Files\\emacs-master\\bin\\emacs.exe")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)