Subject: bug#15282: closed (Re: bug#15282: 24.3.50; Starting a new emacsclient -t instance with another instance running in a separate terminal causes display corruption in the first instance.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:27:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15282: 24.3.50; Starting a new emacsclient -t instance with another instance running in a separate terminal causes display corruption in the first instance.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15282: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15282
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15282: 24.3.50; Starting a new emacsclient -t instance with another instance running in a separate terminal causes display corruption in the first instance.
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:26:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Paul, could you please take a look?

Sorry, I missed the first ping.  I reproduced the problem on Fedora 19
and installed a fix that works for me, as trunk bzr 114204.
I'm taking the liberty of closing this bug, but if it still occurs
for you please let me know and I'll reopen it.

Subject: 24.3.50; Starting a new emacsclient -t instance with another instance running in a separate terminal causes display corruption in the first instance.
From: Chow Loong Jin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 09:46:17 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start the daemon: emacs -Q --daemon
2. Start emacsclient: emacsclient -t
3. Open a new terminal, and start another emacsclient instance:
   emacsclient -t
4. Go back to the first emacsclient instance, and notice that there's
   some text corruption that can't be cleared without closing that
   emacsclient instance. ^Z followed by fg doesn't get rid of the issue
   either.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-09-01 on wani10, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130831-1~ppa1~raring1)
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_SG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_SG.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_SG.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Apropos

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-cwarn-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O B ESC O A ESC O A
ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC O A ESC
O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B ESC O B
ESC O A C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p ESC ` h b

Recent messages:
uncompressing bug-reference.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Mark set
Beginning of buffer [8 times]
funcall: Beginning of buffer [4 times]
Beginning of buffer
End of buffer [34 times]
Beginning of buffer [20 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [51 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/php-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/php-elisp/php-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/cscope/xcscope hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xcscope
~/.emacs.d/linum hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/linum
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/prolog-el/prolog hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/progmodes/prolog

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail mail-utils tmm electric jka-compr apropos tbemail org-clock
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso rect help-mode ispell todoo bookmark pp
mule-util cal-move parse-time tabify image-file org-w3m org-wl org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-habit org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-agenda sh-script smie executable org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-capture org-mks org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs noutline outline shell cmake-mode
debian-control-mode esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util pcomplete
debian-bug rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
debian-changelog-mode make-mode view magit-bisect magit-key-mode magit
diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util dired windmove dabbrev thingatpt misearch
multi-isearch add-log vc-git python xterm server hideshow disp-table
fill-column-indicator paren ido whitespace superword subword hl-line
cwarn cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cus-start cus-load
linum-relative linum Oblivion-theme cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs git-commit xcscope tiling quick-yes smarttabs autosave
auto-complete-config ac-python rx auto-complete popup which-func imenu
whattf-dt html5-langs debian-el debian-el-loaddefs advice yasnippet
help-fns derived edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv easymenu time-date assoc
compile comint ansi-color ring mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-compat cl
cl-loaddefs cl-lib magit-install emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode dpkg-dev-el dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs
devhelp tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin