Subject: 24.3.50; Wheel scrolling & cursor location

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:51:37 +0200

Severity: minor

>From "emacs -Q":

Visit a large file (e.g. ChangeLog) and use the wheel of your mouse to
scroll down the buffer.  Notice that, while you are scrolling down, the
cursor stays at the topmost line of the window (correct).

Now repeat the experiment but this time scrolling up from the bottom of
the buffer.  Notice that now the cursor doesn't stay at the last
(bottommost) line of the window (as one would expect), but at the
next-to-last line.  Also, press the <down> arrow one time, to see that
the cursor can stay at the bottom line without having to scroll the
text (i.e. the bottom line is not an "partially visible line").

This seems like a (minor) bug to me.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-09-03 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 114118 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' 'CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1
 -I/c/usr/include''

-- 
Dani Moncayo