Subject: bug#15265: Emacsclient (Win32) has no "ignore parameter" parameter

From: [email-masked] (Jens K. Loewe)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:02:46 +0200

Probably this is rather a feature request than a bug report (there is no
gnu.emacs.requests group AFAICS):

I would like to replace notepad.exe calls on Windows with emacsclientw
calls. A common workaround for that is to use the "Debugger" registry
entry [1] which sends all calls to notepad.exe to a "debugger" process -
usually another text editor.

This, however, also sends a "notepad.exe" parameter to the given client,
so if I define the notepad.exe debugger as "emacsclientw -na
runemacs.exe", it opens notepad.exe (as text) in Emacs.

GVim, for example, just ignores that parameter, other text editors like
Notepad2 and AkelPad use a "/z" parameter, meaning "ignore the next
parameter", for that. In emacsclientw, my chosen workaround is to add
the "-F" parameter. [2] This is a dirty solution but it somehow works.

So my feature request is: Add a parameter to emacsclientw which means
"ignore the following parameter". :-)

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2984846/set-image-file-execution-options-will-always-open-the-named-exe-file-as-defaul
[2] http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1294/itu.png

-- 
I could contain traces of nuts.