Subject: 24.3.50; rcirc channel activity showing up and then dissappear again

From: Daniel Luna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:04:15 -0400

After upgrading to latest version of emacs-snapshot, rcirc notifications

are broken. Basically (rcirc-track-minor-mode 1) doesn't do what it's

supposed to do. When a new message shows up in an rcirc channel, the

minor mode briefly shows the channel name in the notification, only to

disappear soon after. So rcirc-next-active-buffer stops working.

If a full copy of my .emacs should be necessary to debug this, there's

one available at https://github.com/dLuna/config/blob/master/.emacs

Cheers,

Daniel

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)

of 2013-09-01 on wani02, modified by Debian

(emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130831-1~ppa1~precise1)

Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000

System Description: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Configured using:

`configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu

--prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib

--localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man

--with-pop=yes

--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp

--without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

--with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes

'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'

CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed

-znocombreloc''

Important settings:

value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8

locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: rcirc

Minor modes in effect:

desktop-save-mode: t

rcirc-track-minor-mode: t

show-paren-mode: t

iswitchb-mode: t

tooltip-mode: t

mouse-wheel-mode: t

use-hard-newlines: t

file-name-shadow-mode: t

global-font-lock-mode: t

font-lock-mode: t

blink-cursor-mode: t

auto-composition-mode: t

auto-encryption-mode: t

auto-compression-mode: t

column-number-mode: t

line-number-mode: t

transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

C-c C-SPC <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-c

C-SPC C-c C-a <next> <next> <next> <prior> <next> <next>

<next> <C-end> W h e r e SPC d o SPC I SPC l o o k

SPC f o r SPC b u g s SPC i n SPC e m a c s - s n a

p s h o p <backspace> t <C-left> <C-left> <C-left>

SPC <backspace> <backspace> / p e <backspace> <backspace>

r e p o r t SPC <C-left> <C-left> <C-right> <C-right>

<C-left> <C-backspace> <backspace> / <C-right> SPC

b u g s C-e ? <return> C-c C-SPC C-x C-f <tab> <tab>

v C-g C-x b v 2 C-g C-c C-SPC C-x b e m a c s <return>

C-c C-SPC C-c C-SPC : - ) <return> r c i r c SPC n

o SPC l o n g e r <C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace>

M y SPC n o t i f i c a t i o n SPC i c o n SPC i n

SPC r c i r c SPC <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> <C-right>

<C-backspace> t i n <backspace> <backspace> h i n k

<backspace> g SPC i n SPC t h e SPC m o d e SPC b a

r C-e h a s SPC s h <backspace> <backspace> c h a n

n e l s SPC s h o w i n g SPC u p SPC a n d SPC t h

e SPC n d i <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>

n d SPC <backspace> <backspace> SPC d i s s p a p e

a r SPC o n SPC m e . SPC : - ( <return> M-x r e p

<tab> o <tab> r t <tab> <tab> b u g <backspace> <backspace>

<backspace> e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

(No changes need to be saved)

Mark set

Quit [3 times]

No IRC activity.

No unread messages

Mark set [2 times]

Making completion list...

Quit [2 times]

No IRC activity. Type C-u C-c C-SPC for low priority activity.

Making completion list... [3 times]

Load-path shadows:

/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

~/.emacs.d/vendor/magit/.dir-locals hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode

mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader

sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils misearch multi-isearch

network-stream auth-source eieio eieio-core mm-util mail-prsvr

password-cache starttls tls disp-table whitespace perl-mode

vc-dispatcher vc-svn python rx cc-langs nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp

rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse

rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln

nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok css-mode conf-mode

jka-compr sql view dired sgml-mode js json imenu thingatpt cc-mode

cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars

cc-defs org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc

org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda

org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org

byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob

ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete

org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version

ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec

find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sh-script smie executable tempo

etags compile comint ansi-color make-mode help-mode easymenu desktop

frameset rcirc vc-git distel-ie edb ewoc help-fns patmatch erl-service

edmacro kmacro ring derl erlext epmd net-fsm erl distel easy-mmode

erlang column-marker domtool-mode derived domtool-tables cl-macs gv cl

cl-loaddefs cl-lib uniquify paren iswitchb erlang-start time-date

tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar

dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode

prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar

mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian

utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean

japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian

cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev

minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files

text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule

custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process

dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting

font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)