Subject: bug#15262: 24.3.50; desktop does not save buffer-display-time

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:09:33 -0400

desktop saves the buffers, but not their buffer-display-time.
i.e., when Emacs is started and desktop loads all the old buffers,
their buffer-display-time is set to the Emacs start time.
this leads to ancient buffers not being cleaned up by clean-buffer-list.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.12 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-09-03 on t520sds
Bzr revision: 114115 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --with-wide-int'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 nnir emacsbug sendmail url-http
url-gw url-auth sort gnus-cite smiley url-queue url-cache url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util shr mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp mail-extr
gnus-ml disp-table spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg utf-7 nnimap utf7
nnfolder parse-time gnus-cache bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum netrc gnutls
network-stream starttls tls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
nnoo tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win skeleton cal-move cal-x view
cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso
cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs debug whitespace diff-mode warnings time-stamp
cl-indent dabbrev edebug misearch multi-isearch find-func help-mode
mule-util remember bug-reference add-log sgml-mode nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok cl-macs
cc-langs jde derived jde-annotations jde-open-source semantic/senator
semantic/decorate pulse jde-bsh jde-parse-expr etags jde-class
jde-parse-class jde-import jde-java-font-lock jde-which-method
jde-java-grammar jde-wiz jde-complete semantic/idle jde-plugins jde-gen
tempo jde-run jde-jdb jde-bug jde-dbs jde-dbo regress jde-db jde-parse
sregex jde-imenu semantic/imenu semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/db gv eieio-base semantic/java semantic/doc avl-tree
semantic/sb speedbar sb-image dframe semantic/sort semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt jde-compile cus-edit
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet jde-help jde-widgets tree-widget beanshell
lmenu jde-custom jde-project-file jde-util arc-mode archive-mode efc
jde-autoload cperl-mode make-mode js2-mode js json cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine vc-git noutline
outline easy-mmode vc-bzr sh-script smie vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
dired-aux doc-view jka-compr image-mode vc-hg auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup info package vlf dired midnight autoloads gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs
bbdb timezone rcirc edit-server server uniquify which-func imenu
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
paren help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load ido ess-toolbar
ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile ess-tracebug
format-spec ess-roxy advice hideshow ess-help ess-developer ess-r-args
eldoc help-fns ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint ansi-color ring ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable easymenu ess-compat
ess-site cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) X 11.0.11303000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://jihadwatch.org http://dhimmi.com http://ffii.org
http://honestreporting.com http://openvotingconsortium.org
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.