Subject: GNU Automake 1.14 : FAIL 6 on Solaris 10 Sparc v9

From: Dennis Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:47:33 -0400

As per test report : 

============================================================================
Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.14
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 2874
# PASS: 2726
# SKIP: 101
# XFAIL: 41
# FAIL: 6
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
============================================================================
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
============================================================================
gmake[2]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/automake-1.14_SunOS5.10_sparcv9.001'
gmake[1]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/automake-1.14_SunOS5.10_sparcv9.001'
gmake: *** [check-am] Error 2

I attach the test-suite.log file.

The testsuite log shows these are the culprits : 

$ grep "^FAIL\:\ " ./test-suite.log
FAIL: t/instmany
FAIL: t/instmany-mans
FAIL: t/instmany-python
FAIL: t/yacc-cxx
FAIL: t/yacc-d-cxx
FAIL: t/yacc-mix-c-cxx

The C++ tests bother me a bit as I am using the Sun Studio 12.3 compiler
tools here and I would think that both yacc and C++ provided would be
very well tested by the folks at Oracle, but then again, who knows. 

In any case, I wanted to pass this along as I can not install the new automake
until I see a clean testsuite. 

Dennis