Subject: readline completion for modules

From: "Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:06:25 +0200

Hi,

It would be very convenient to have readline completion for modules, so
I could just type

    ,use <tab>

or

    ,use srfi <tab>

or

    (use-modules (<tab>

or

    (use-modules (srfi <tab>

and get a listing of possible modules.

That would allow staying in the same context while checking for modules
(instead of switching to info or the web).

This could be taken even further by also providing readline support when
using @ (with the pointer in or at the place of every variable marked
with ˇ while hitting tab):

    (@ (ˇsrfi ˇsrfi-13) ˇstring-unfold)

This could go to the completeness of the emacs auto-complete, which
allows completing stuff like ˇ-expand<tab> and -expand-ˇ<tab>. I could
then say “I know that I need the function string-unfold, where can I
find it?” To answer that question I’d use

    (@ ( ) string-unfold<tab>

and get a list of potential modules to use (or rather options for (@
(category module) string-unfold)).

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Doktorand
Gruppe: GHG

Raum: 435/410
Tel.: +49 721 608-22885
[email-masked]

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
IMK-ASF
Postfach 36 40
76021 Karlsruhe