Subject: bug#15272: closed (Re: bug#15235: 24.3.50; package.el updates load-path too late)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 17:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#15235: 24.3.50; Cannot open load file tex-site

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15235: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15235
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15235: 24.3.50; package.el updates load-path too late
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:09:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing since everyone using 24.3.50 must have updated their
*-autoloads.el files by now.

Subject: 24.3.50; Cannot open load file tex-site
From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:00:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Up to now, I was using Emacs trunk r113971 (from Dani, on 2013-08-22).

Using the latest one compiled by Dani (r114118), I have the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(info) Loading `d:/Users/fni/src/emacs-leuven/.emacs-minimal.el'...
M1
M2
eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, tex-site
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

when starting up Emacs, with a minimal "working" example:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(message "(info) Loading `%s'..." load-file-name)

(require 'package)

(message "M1")

;; archives from which to fetch
(setq package-archives
      (append '(("org"       . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/")
		("melpa"     . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/")
		("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/"))
	      package-archives))

(message "M2")

;; load the latest version of all installed packages,
;; and activate them (= add to `load-path' and load `XXX-autoloads.el'?)
(package-initialize)

(message "M3")

;; list of packages to ensure are installed at Emacs startup
(defvar my-packages '(auctex org yasnippet)

(message "M4")

;; install all packages specified in `my-packages' which are not built-in nor
;; already installed (must be run after initializing `package-initialize')
(dolist (pkg my-packages)
  (unless (package-installed-p pkg)
    (if (yes-or-no-p (format "Install package `%s'? " pkg))
	(ignore-errors
	  (package-install pkg)))))

(message "(info) Loading `%s'...done" load-file-name)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

For your information, I did not update AUCTeX package or whatever.

And the same MWE *does* work with Emacs 24.3, among others (and with Emacs
24.3.50 r113971, as said before).

Best regards,
  Seb

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-09-03 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 114118 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' 'CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1
 -I/c/usr/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(info) Loading `d:/Users/sva/src/emacs-leuven/.emacs-minimal.el'...
M1
M2
eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, tex-site

Load-path shadows:
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-w3m hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-version hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-version
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-timer hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-src hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-rmail hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-protocol hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-plot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-pcomplete hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-mouse hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-mobile hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-mhe hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-macs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-loaddefs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-list hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-irc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-install hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-inlinetask hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-info hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-indent hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-id hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-habit hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-gnus hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-footnote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-feed hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-faces hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-eshell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-entities hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-element hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-docview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-datetree hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-ctags hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-crypt hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-compat hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-colview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-clock hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-capture hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-bibtex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-bbdb hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-attach hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-archive hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/org-agenda hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-tangle hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-sql hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-shen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-sh hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-screen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-scheme hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-scala hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-sass hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-ruby hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-ref hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-R hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-python hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-plantuml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-picolisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-perl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-octave hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-maxima hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-matlab hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-lob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-lilypond hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-ledger hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-latex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-keys hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-js hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-java hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-io hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-haskell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-gnuplot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-fortran hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-exp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-eval hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-emacs-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-dot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-css hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-comint hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-clojure hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-calc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-C hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-awk hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130902/ob-asymptote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils auto-complete-autoloads bbdb-autoloads
calfw-autoloads circe-autoloads fuzzy-autoloads gnuplot-mode-autoloads
idle-require-autoloads lcs-autoloads lui-autoloads info easymenu
pager-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads tidy-autoloads tracking-autoloads
shorten-autoloads package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Sebastien Vauban