Subject: 24.3.50; todo-mode: Some bugs and suggestions

From: Kanthimathi R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:48:28 +0530

Quick feedback: 
--------------

The interface for todo-mode looks good.  Info documentation is good.
The starting few nodes are a bit too dense while the later nodes seem
like a lucid read.

Recommendation: 
---------------

I would recommend it for simple todo-lists.  Once the entries become
more, then categorization of entries looks like a rocket science.  (Or I
should say, new users should be sufficiently trained.)

Verdict: 
--------

Too many moving parts and the module needs to stabilize a bit.  I
INVARIABLY run in to problems.

Giving up:
---------

1. For example, as I was exercising todo-mode for preparing this bug
   report, the file ran in to an inconsistent state - A category with no
   todo or done items was reporting 6 entries in `F c' table.  I
   wondered whether deleting the categories sexp and C-x C-q ing would
   repair the todo file.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help.  So I am
   attaching a "broken" todo file.

To add to the entries in the attached file,

1. Undo support while in todo-mode.

2. The following markers used in the todo file

      --==-- 
      ==--==
      
  are they consistent with the outline-mode.  If not, some consideration
  should be given so that they are compatible with outline-regexps.

Additional comment:
------------------

As some one who is familiar with (but doesn't use) Orgmode's data model,
I can share some opinions, if permitted.

With no further ado, here comes the attachment.  Repairing the attached
file is reader's responsibility.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2013-08-28 on porunai
Bzr revision: 114042 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t