Subject: Re: bug#15219: Emacs Lisp mode and Lisp mode font-locking

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 14:30:15 +0100

Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Anyways, I'd be happy to get just a fix for the keywords and &optional (and
> related) faces, since those are definitely off.

The complaint is that :foobar below uses font-lock-builtin-face and
&optional uses font-lock-type-face in emacs-lisp-mode.

(defun foo (bar &optional zot)
  (list :foobar bar))

This is defined in lisp-cl-font-lock-keywords in lisp-mode.el, and I
agree that separate faces should probably be used for those -- keywords
aren't builtins and &optional isn't a type.

:keywords are constants, I guess, but we use font-lock-constant-face for
catch/throw and the like, and I don't think we have anything that
vaguely makes sense for &optional.

Would adding new faces for these make sense?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no