Subject: Re: bug#15218: End of file during parsing only for byte compiled files

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:36:11 -0400

> I just released a new version of Ecukes (https://github.com/rejeep/ecukes.el).
> Everything works fine locally, but not when I install via package.el. Then
> I get this error:

> End of file during parsing:
> /path/to/project/.cask/24.3.1/elpa/ecukes-20130830.16/ecukes-core.elc

> And if I remove that .elc file, it complains on the next file and so on. If
> I remove all .elc files it works fine.

I'm not sure when you see that error (is it when loading the package or
when installing it?).  Assuming it's when loading it, could it be that
you're loading the package in a version of Emacs noticeably older than
the one that compiled the files?

> So something with the byte compilation does not work, but if I byte compile
> all files locally it works just fine.

The elpa package is supposed to come without any .elc files, and the .el
files are supposed to be byte-compiled during installation.  Did this
work correctly?

        Stefan