Subject: bug#15214: 24.3.50; `Revert This Session's Customization' does not do what it says

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:10:41 -0700 (PDT)

1. emacs -Q

M-x customize-option backup-by-copying

Click Toggle, then State and Set For Current Session.
You have changed the value.

Click State and Revert This Session's Customization.

The current value does not change back to what it was before you changed
the setting for the session.  This session's customization was not
reverted.  However, even though the value was not changed, you see the
message "CHANGED outside Customize".

2. The State choice of Revert This Session's Customization is not even
documented at (emacs) `Changing a Variable'.  Other State actions are
documented.  So it's hard to tell whether #1 above is really a bug: it's
not even clear what this menu item is supposed to do.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-08-23 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113986 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'