Subject: bug#15207: 24.2; C Highlight colors around CV-modifiers

From: Gauthier Östervall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:42:21 +0200

Hi, sorry for the very late reply.

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Bug #15211 seems to be a duplicate of this bug.  It's amazing how a bug
> like this can remain undetected for over a decade, then suddenly two
> people report it within a few hours of eachother.

It is indeed amazing! I am happy to be the first of two :)

> Would you please try out the patch from #15211, and let me know whether
> it fixes the bug, doesn't quite fix it, or there are unwanted side
> effects.  Here it is again:
>
>
> diff -r 45df171f9859 cc-engine.el
> --- a/cc-engine.el      Sat Aug 31 11:09:30 2013 +0000
> +++ b/cc-engine.el      Sat Aug 31 20:32:22 2013 +0000
> @@ -7440,7 +7440,8 @@
>         ;; interactive refontification.
>         (c-put-c-type-property (point) 'c-decl-arg-start))
>
> -      (when (and c-record-type-identifiers at-type (not (eq at-type t)))
> +      (when (and c-record-type-identifiers at-type ;; (not (eq at-type t))
> +                )
>         (let ((c-promote-possible-types t))
>           (save-excursion
>             (goto-char type-start)

This is working, thank you. However (and sorry for telling you after
you closed the bug), this still is not:

    uint8_t *a = (uint8_t *) b;
    uint8_t *c = (const uint8_t *) d;
    uint8_t *e = (uint8_t const *) f;

The erroneous behavior is still present in casts.

I applied your change to the part that handles the cast, which solved
the problem.
I am sure you know where the cast handling is, otherwise search for
"Handle the cast". The code is identical, located 20 lines earlier in
version 24.3.