Subject: RE: bug#15183: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:28:23 -0700 (PDT)

In case it helps, let me repeat what I wrote at the outset for this bug:
this crash came from a session started with `emacs -Q', *not* from my
setup (so no standalone minibuffer etc.).

I do not recall the actions I took after `emacs -Q', but the crash
occurred very soon after starting Emacs.

It might have been after testing this (for another user), but I don't
want to mislead you because I really do not recall:

(defadvice ediff-buffers (around pop-up-frames activate)
  "Use non-nil `pop-up-frames'."
  (let ((pop-up-frames  t))
    ad-do-it))

The point is that I did not load *any* of my libraries in the session,
IIRC.

> So IIUC when Drew calls `delete-frame' either (1) the selected frame
> does not have a minibuffer or (2) the frame to be deleted was selected
> and the frame selected instead doesn't have a minibuffer.  I'm not yet
> sure what to do but am afraid there's some basic misunderstanding here.