Subject: 24.3.50; Directory copy broken on w32

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 08:54:57 +0100

Set up a directory "c:/temp/test" with two empty subdirectories "1"
and "2", and try to copy it recursively to "c:/temp/test-copy"
using `C' in Dired mode.  The command fails, having created
"test-copy/1" but not "test-copy/2". The error is:

Copy `c:/temp/test' to `c:/temp/test-copy' failed:
(file-error Setting file times permission denied c:/temp/test-copy/1)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-07-20 on MACHINE
Bzr revision: 113468 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix c:/emacs/emacs-113468
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp CPPFLAGS='-I
 G:/usr/include -I C:/GnuWin32/include' LDFLAGS='-L G:/usr/lib -L
 C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f / t e m p / t e s t <return> C-u s R <return>
C-x h M-w C-x C-f . . <return> % m \ ` t e s t \ '
<return> C t e s t - c o p y <return> y e s <return>
C-x C-f t e s t - c o p y <return> C-u s R <return>
C-x h M-w M-x r - e - b <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Marking matching files...
1 matching file marked.
Copy `c:/temp/test' to `c:/temp/test-copy' failed:
(file-error Setting file times permission denied c:/temp/test-copy/1)

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort nadvice gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)