Subject: 24.3.50; (cl) `Porting Common Lisp'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

This part is unclear/misleading:

  "In Common Lisp, function arguments and `let' bindings apply
   only to references physically within their bodies
   (or within macro expansions in their bodies).

It is unclear what "function arguments" refers to here.  Does it mean
the formal parameters of a function or its actual arguments?  Or does
it mean arguments whose values are functions?

In any case, what it says about these "function arguments" seems wrong.
I cannot give it a meaning if it is trying to say something about
arguments that are functions.  And if it is trying to say that Common
Lisp always binds the arguments to a function using lexical binding then
that is just wrong.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-08-17 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113938 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'