Subject: Re: bug#15156: 24.3; !MEM FULL!

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:00:23 +0300

> From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:14:31 +0200
> 
> >> Private Bytes: 1.6 GB. Working Set: 1.2 GB.
> >
> > Please take snapshots of the footprint at regular intervals, starting
> > from the session start time, to see if the footprint grows steadily or
> > suddenly.
> 
> I'll try it. Are you aware of a command-line program I can run on Windows to
> get those figures you're interested in?  That way, I'd be sure to have 'em (if
> I automate their saving, every 30 minutes or so).
> 
> > Also, do you see similar problems in the trunk version?

Yes, "pslist emacs" should do that.  pslist is part of PsTools from
Sysinternals, the same place where you downloaded the Process Explorer
from.

> Dunno. I can't play long enough with the current binary -- waiting for the
> next done by Dani [1].

OK, then please try when a new binary is available.

> > I see nothing exceptional here (although the number of strings looks
> > quite high).
> 
> OK. Now, I can kill that instance, then?

Yes, thanks.