Subject: bug#15155: 24.3; wrap-prefix in adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode with variable-pitch has wrong face

From: Frank Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:26:50 +0200

Am 08/22/2013 04:54 PM, schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
>> (setq adaptive-fill-function
>>   (lambda ()
>>     (and adaptive-fill-prefix
>>          (looking-at adaptive-fill-prefix)
>>          (propertize (match-string-no-properties 0) 'face 'default))))
> 
> How about using the face returned by face-at-point, instead of
> 'default'?

I'm not sure. In my tests (adding several % comment marker before a line
in a LaTeX document) I got strange results. Sometimes the wrap prefix
had the correct color, sometimes not. But in no case it had the correct
(variable-width) font. I used the following code (of course the correct
name of the variable is `adaptive-fill-regexp` not `adaptive-fill-prefix`):

(setq adaptive-fill-function
  (lambda ()
    (and adaptive-fill-regexp
         (looking-at adaptive-fill-regexp)
         (propertize (match-string-no-properties 0) 'face
		     (face-at-point)))))

But I suppose that using `match-string` instead of
`match-string-no-properties` should preserve the correct face, right?
But this did not work, too.