Subject: Re: bug#15151: 24.3.50; flyspell-mode messes up input method

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 11:59:21 +0200

[email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA) writes:

> If you enable 'flyspell-mode' in a buffer, and switch to `english-dvorak'
> input method, you'll notice keys are not outputting expected characters. As
> soon as you disable 'flyspell-mode' it starts working as expected.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I tried reproducing this in Emacs 28 from "emacs -Q":

M-x flyspell-mode
M-x set-input-method english-dvorak

I then typed the qwerty line of keys and got:

',.pyf

I switched flyspell-mode off and repeated:

',.pyf

So this seems to work the same with or without flyspell-mode now.  Are
you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no