Subject: bug#15151: 24.3.50; flyspell-mode messes up input method

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:36:04 +0530

If you enable 'flyspell-mode' in a buffer, and switch to `english-dvorak'
input method, you'll notice keys are not outputting expected characters. As
soon as you disable 'flyspell-mode' it starts working as expected.

I'm running Emacs bzr HEAD r113965.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-08-21 on chateau.d.if
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
Configured using:
 `configure --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=athena --with-xft
 --with-m17n-flt --with-libotf --with-imagemagick --with-gsettings
 --with-gconf --with-xim --with-sound --with-dbus --with-xml2 --with-gnutls
 --with-acl --with-file-notification=gfile --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib
 --x-includes=/usr/local/include --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/emacs/info/ --build=amd64-portbld-freebsd9.1
 CFLAGS='-fstack-protector -march=nocona -g' CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include'
 LDFLAGS=' -L/usr/local/lib''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <return> 3 0 <return> <C-end> q g <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <return> q <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <s-up> 
2 <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> g <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> q g <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> <C-end> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> q <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<C-end> C-u a C-\ J g ; SPC ; j M-x f l y <tab> s p 
<tab> m o <tab> <return> <C-down> <down> <up> <down> 
<return> <return> <up> K J <backspace> <backspace> 
J g ; SPC k j g ; SPC ; g k l f m n o d <backspace> 
<backspace> d o SPC J <S-home> <S-up> <S-up> <S-down> 
J g SPC G q m SPC A ; j g ; j SPC : J F V P A S-SPC 
g k j <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> k j g ; SPC 
g ; SPC m t SPC l a m d e C-z c M-x f l y s <tab> m 
o <tab> <return> C-\ J g ; ; ; SPC k j g ; SPC C-\ 
C-z 0 C-c C-k y e s <return> M-x r e p <tab> r <backspace> 
o r <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Can't find directory separator in global.SCORE
No more unseen articles
Mark set
Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
Mark set [9 times]
Making completion list...
Flyspell mode disabled
Mark set
Flyspell mode enabled
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/abbe/.emacs.d/elisp/apel/env hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/env
/home/abbe/.emacs.d/elisp/apel/timezone hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/timezone
/home/abbe/.emacs.d/elisp/full-ack/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow thingatpt emacsbug mm-archive pp mailalias smtpmail sendmail gnus-fun
bbdb-gui sort smiley gnus-bcklg qp quail help-mode flyspell ispell gnus-cite
hashcash footnote nnir gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic utf-7 nndraft
nnmh nnmaildir epa-file epa epg network-stream starttls nnimap parse-time utf7
netrc bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache spam spam-stat bbdb-com warnings bbdb
gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mm-url nnmairix nnml gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source nnoo supercite regi w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired
image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils server wombat-theme
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell geiser blog metaweblog
xml-rpc timezone url-http tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history mailcap url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-gw url-vars xml muse-html
muse-xml-common cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols info muse-regexps wid-edit derived muse muse-nested-tags
muse-mode org-agenda org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
auto-complete-config auto-complete easy-mmode popup slime-autoloads
clojure-mode edmacro kmacro scim-bridge mule-util advice help-fns alist pym
static apel-ver product elscreen bbdb-autoloads w3m-load erlang-start boxquote
cl-macs gv rect cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib delsel time paren uniquify go-mode-load
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“Few false ideas have more firmly gripped the minds of so many intelligent men
than the one that, if they just tried, they could invent a cipher that no one
could break.” (David Kahn, "The Codebreakers", 1967)

Sent from my Emacs