Subject: bug#15146: closed (Re: bug#15146: 24.3; Typo in package.el error message)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:51:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15146: 24.3; Typo in package.el error message

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15146: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15146
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15146: 24.3; Typo in package.el error message
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:50:39 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Thanks.

Subject: 24.3; Typo in package.el error message
From: Andrew Pennebaker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:57:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There's a minor grammatical error in package.el.

(error "Packages lacks a file header")

should be

(error "Package lacks a file header")

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el?h=emacs-24#n959

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-07-30 on 42Six-00161.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3' '--without-dbus'
'--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
'--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3/share/info/emacs'
'--without-gnutls' '--with-ns' '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=cc''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Markdown

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ ? 1 ; 2 c ESC x r e p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
("/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode markdown-mode noutline outline
easy-mmode ack-and-a-half derived thingatpt grep compile comint
ansi-color ring mmm-auto mmm-vars cl-macs gv mmm-compat cl cl-lib
undo-tree diff edmacro kmacro ack-and-a-half-autoloads
coffee-mode-autoloads dired+-autoloads dired-details-autoloads
dired-single-autoloads fold-dwim-autoloads hideshowvis-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads monokai-theme-autoloads
sass-mode-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads finder-inf
tabbar-ruler-autoloads info easymenu tabbar-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads package time-date paren linum tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)