Subject: bug#15130: 24.3.50; emacs-24.3.1 on Windows; possible `file-directory-p' bug.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:47:24 +0200

Hi,
On windows `file-directory-p' returns t on a path with a space added at
end.

;; windows-nt
(file-directory-p "c:/Program Files/emacs-24.3-bin-i386/emacs-24.3/site-lisp/")
t
(file-directory-p "c:/Program Files/emacs-24.3-bin-i386/emacs-24.3/site-lisp/ ")
t
;; gnu/linux
(file-directory-p "~/.emacs.d/")
t
(file-directory-p "~/.emacs.d/ ")
nil

Is it wanted?

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2013-08-19 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptative-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <f11> s c <down> 
<down> <return> C-y <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC C-n C-g <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
M-( f i l e - d i r e c t o r y - p SPC M-" ~ / . e 
m a c s . d / <right> <right> C-j <up> <up> C-M-SPC 
M-w <down> <down> C-y <left> <left> SPC <right> <right> 
C-j <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> ; ; SPC G N U / L i n 
u x <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> ; ; SPC W i n 
d o w s - n t M-: s y s t e m - t y p e <return> <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <backspace> l <left> <left> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> g n u <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> 
<backspace> w <left> <left> <left> <left> C-SPC C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w M-x r e p o 
r t <return>

Recent messages:
Running git pull -v
git finished.
Here is not Git work tree
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
Evaluating...
Here is not Git work tree
gnu/linux
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
~/elisp/Emacs-wgrep/wgrep-ack hides ~/elisp/jenkins/emacs-wgrep/wgrep-ack
~/elisp/Emacs-wgrep/wgrep-helm hides ~/elisp/jenkins/emacs-wgrep/wgrep-helm
~/elisp/Emacs-wgrep/wgrep-test hides ~/elisp/jenkins/emacs-wgrep/wgrep-test
~/elisp/Emacs-wgrep/wgrep hides ~/elisp/jenkins/emacs-wgrep/wgrep
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq
~/.emacs.d/.gnus hides ~/.emacs.d/emacs-config-laptop/.gnus

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug helm-command tramp-cache tramp-sh helm-bmkext
cl-indent help-mode gnus-html url-cache smiley gnus-cite mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml
nnfolder parse-time netrc network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win helm-dabbrev view recentf ido
preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu reftex-vars
font-latex latex tex-style tex dbus latexenc cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
conf-mode vc-dispatcher vc-rcs sh-script smie executable vc-git
naquadah-theme em-smart em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias align-let
git-gutter server package winner undo-tree diff slime-xref-browser
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl elp
image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex
pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp electric helm-ipython
helm-elisp helm-eval python rx eldoc-eval whitespace paren time avoid
savehist warnings emamux golden-ratio smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail
helm-async persistent-sessions config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util w3m-load boxquote markdown-mode
iterator google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree iedit-rect rect iedit iedit-lib
zop-to-char smallurl mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader rectangle-utils
ledger-config ledger esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-arg esh-util tv-utils
async pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs ewoc mb-depth ioccur
cl-info slime hyperspec slime-autoloads tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle
flymake no-word dired-extension emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat magit-blame magit-stgit magit-cherry magit-bisect
magit-log-edit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-key-mode magit diff-mode
magit-compat htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo
texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki
cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols
muse-regexps wid-edit muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads
org-config-thierry ob-sh cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper
org-capture org-mks remember org-remember org-datetree
addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark pp
init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-ls-git helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-help
helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp grep
helm-external helm-utils dired compile helm-locate helm helm-config
helm-aliases epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio
eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
w3m-wget info cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro org-crypt org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs advice
help-fns net-utils cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997