Subject: bug#15129: 24.3.50; Emacs broken on FreeBSD in/after r113315

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:06:22 +0530

Hi,

I applied following diff over r113945 snapshot and Gnus git compiled, and M-x
gnus RET works as expected both in X11, as well as TTY:

#v+
--- configure.ac.orig
+++ configure.ac
@@ -3994,7 +3994,7 @@
       AC_DEFINE(PTY_TTY_NAME_SPRINTF, [{ char *ptyname = 0; sigset_t blocked; sigemptyset (&blocked); sigaddset (&blocked, SIGCHLD); pthread_sigmask (SIG_BLOCK, &blocked, 0); if (grantpt (fd) != -1 && unlockpt (fd) != -1) ptyname = ptsname(fd); pthread_sigmask (SIG_UNBLOCK, &blocked, 0); if (!ptyname) { emacs_close (fd); return -1; } snprintf (pty_name, PTY_NAME_SIZE, "%s", ptyname); }])
       dnl if HAVE_POSIX_OPENPT
       if test "x$ac_cv_func_posix_openpt" = xyes; then
-        AC_DEFINE(PTY_OPEN, [fd = posix_openpt (O_RDWR | O_CLOEXEC | O_NOCTTY)])
+        AC_DEFINE(PTY_OPEN, [fd = posix_openpt (O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY)])
         AC_DEFINE(PTY_NAME_SPRINTF, [])
       dnl if HAVE_GETPT
       elif test "x$ac_cv_func_getpt" = xyes; then
#v-

The above mentioned diff is a partial diff from r113315 reversed.

Although, there is a weirdness in Gnus mail composition buffer that
`english-dvorak' Emacs input method (C-x RET C-\ english-dvorak RET) does not
work as expected, but works fine in *scratch* buffer and other mode I tried. I
guess that'll need a different bug report.

This message is being sent from r113945.

Thanks
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“When the woman showed her love for the children that were not her own, and wept
over them, I saw in her the living God, and understood What men live by.” (Leo
Tolstoy, "What Men Live By", 1881)

Sent from my Emacs