Subject: Re: bug#15129: 24.3.50; Emacs broken on FreeBSD in/after r113315

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:16:21 +0530

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:36:30 -0400, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> said:
> Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

>> r113315[1]. Right now, I'm composing this Email from Emacs running at
>> r113314 ( + diffs from r113322[2]).
>> 
>> Debian kFreeBSD also has a bug for this issue in their tracker as
>> #712974[3].

> It can't be the same issue, since that bug report refers to 24.3, which
> does not have r113315.

Maybe, but I don't use Debian kFreeBSD, and its description seems to match
what I'm experiencing, and kFreeBSD share same kernel as FreeBSD albeit
different userland/defaults.

Also, I would like to point out that, kFreeBSD is "gnu-kfreebsd" and FreeBSD
is "freebsd" in configure.ac ($opsys), which means they have different
workarounds/hacks. :(

Thanks!
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“You've been smoking something really mind altering, and I think you should
share it.” (Theo de Raadt)

Sent from my Emacs