Subject: bug#15128: 24.3.50; python.el completion broken

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:44:15 +0200

Hi,

With Christopher Schmidt's comint changes on 2013-08-08 python.el
completion breaks.  To reproduce do

emacs -q
M-x run-python
x [TAB]

I've included a simple fix that may or may not be sufficient. Here's
the diff -c output

*** python.el	2013-08-19 02:13:21.822104349 +0200
--- python1.el	2013-08-19 02:13:52.323300415 +0200
***************
*** 2276,2283 ****
            ;; heuristic.
            (with-current-buffer (process-buffer process)
              (buffer-substring-no-properties
!              (overlay-start comint-last-prompt-overlay)
!              (overlay-end comint-last-prompt-overlay))))
           (completion-context
            ;; Check whether a prompt matches a pdb string, an import
            ;; statement or just the standard prompt and use the
--- 2276,2283 ----
            ;; heuristic.
            (with-current-buffer (process-buffer process)
              (buffer-substring-no-properties
!              (marker-position (car comint-last-prompt))
!              (marker-position (cdr comint-last-prompt)))))
           (completion-context
            ;; Check whether a prompt matches a pdb string, an import
            ;; statement or just the standard prompt and use the

Here's a changelog, if needed.

2013-08-19  Rasmus Pank Roulund  <[email-masked]>

	* progmodes/python.el (python-shell-completion-get-completions):
	Replace reference to comint-last-prompt-overlay with
	comint-last-prompt.

Let me know if I did something wrong!

–Rasmus

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-17 on pank
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11402000
System Description:	Arch Linux