Subject: bug#15106: 24.3.50; emacs crash

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 05:18:26 +0900

Hello Glenn,

On Aug 17 2013, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala wrote:
>
>> Emacs is crashing while working with geiser REPL[1]. 
>> back-trace is attached.
>

> Please show the information that M-x report-emacs-bug provides, 

Sorry, that was lost because of an unrelated bbdb problem.  Here it is, (This
is generated with emacs -Q) 

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.8 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-08-16 on sealion
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/yagnesh/local/emacs-dce5851 --enable-checking
 --without-compress-info CFLAGS=-g -O0'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> and tell us exactly what you were doing (if possible, give a recipe starting
> from emacs -Q).

Unfortunately, I don't have exact recipe for reproducing and I must say the
crash is intolerably frequent, I was forced to go back to stable release of
emacs after a long time.

Thanks.,
-- 
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR