Subject: bug#1510 closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1510: 23.0.60; Info links bleed into mode line)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:40:10 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,w32 package:

#1510: 23.0.60; Info links bleed into mode line

It has been closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1510: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1510
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#1510: 23.0.60; Info links bleed into mode line
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:35:35 +0800

Drew Adams wrote:
> In this build, this seems to be fixed. Thx - Drew
>   
Thanks for confirming.

>From [email-masked] Sun Dec  7 13:43:37 2008
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: 23.0.60; Info links bleed into mode line
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:43:32 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C95871.CBA5CFC0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

emacs -Q
 
C-h i
 
Pick a manual, and go to any node that has a menu too long to be
displayed completely.
 
Menu links seem to cause a blue strike-through line in the mode
line. It seems that a menu link directly underneath the mode line
(hence not visible) has its underline brought forward on top of the
mode line.
 
C-l removes the strike-through display artifact. Otherwise, it
persists even if you move to a node that has no menu or has a menu
that can be displayed completely.
 
After clearing the screen this way, if you go to a node with a menu
that can all be displayed, and then you manually shorten the frame so
a menu item is hidden by the mode line, then the strike-through
returns.
 
See attached screen shots.
 
In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-11-24 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C95871.CBA5CFC0
Content-Type: image/png;
	name="bug-emacs-23-info-link-in-mode-line.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="bug-emacs-23-info-link-in-mode-line.png"

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C95871.CBA5CFC0
Content-Type: image/png;
	name="bug-emacs-23-info-link-in-mode-line-2.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="bug-emacs-23-info-link-in-mode-line-2.png"

ETGrazYFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C95871.CBA5CFC0--