Subject: bug#15099: 24.3.50; Box has no right border

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:35:16 +0300

merge 13134 15099
thanks

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:51:30 +0200
> 
> Here is a follow-up to bug #13134 (to which I can't reply anymore -- please
> merge them)

Why can't you reply to that bug?  What happens if you try?

> with a minimal Emacs configuration file:
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> (require 'org)
> 
> (setq org-ellipsis 'org-ellipsis) ;; face
> 
> (set-face-attribute 'org-ellipsis nil
>                     :box '(:line-width 1 :color "#999999")
>                     :foreground "#999999" :background "#FFF8C0")
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> Eval the above, and load any Org file. You'll get the following view:
> 
>     http://screencast.com/t/AqizjMBtDIoR

Thanks for the test case.

org-ellipsis works by setting up a display table with the ellipsis,
and setting the 'box' attribute of the face it gives to each character
of the ellipsis.  But Emacs did not until now support that attribute
on anything but buffer text and display strings, nothing else was ever
coded.  That is why you got partially drawn boxes.

I fixed this for display tables in trunk revision 113890.

As for the other problems you reported in bug #13134, I don't know if
the fix I committed fixes them as well, as I don't have a clear idea
where was the face with the box attribute set in those cases.  Please
try, and if those problems still persist, please give similarly simple
recipes to reproduce them.

Thanks.