Subject: bug#15099: 24.3.50; Box has no right border

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:54:05 +0300

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:51:44 +0200
> 
> > I fixed this for display tables in trunk revision 113890.
> 
> It works much better (almost there), but I still see two problems:
> 
> - The "..." are underlined twice (two parallel lines). Why?

Because the org-ellipsis face specifies both box and underline.  Type
"M-x list-faces-display RET", then click mouse-1 on this face in the
*Faces* buffer, and you will see this:

  Face: org-ellipsis (sample) (customize this face)

  Documentation:
  Face for the ellipsis in folded text.

  Defined in `org-faces.el'.

	  Family: unspecified
	 Foundry: unspecified
	   Width: unspecified
	  Height: unspecified
	  Weight: unspecified
	   Slant: unspecified
      Foreground: #999999
      Background: #FFF8C0
       Underline: t   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
	Overline: unspecified
  Strike-through: unspecified
	     Box: (:line-width 1 :color #999999)
	 Inverse: unspecified
	 Stipple: unspecified
	    Font: unspecified
	 Fontset: unspecified
	 Inherit: unspecified

And indeed in org-faces.el we see:

  (defface org-ellipsis
    '((((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "DarkGoldenrod" :underline t))
      (((class color) (background dark)) (:foreground "LightGoldenrod" :underline t))
      (t (:strike-through t)))

> - When moving the "character cursor" (I mean: not the mouse) over the "...",
>   the first dot becomes boxed on its own. Tab'ing multiple times (to expand
>   and collapse the hidden region) fixes the box back.

That's a separate and unrelated problem, you should see it with the
box face on buffer text as well, in any Emacs version prior to the
above change.  The block cursor is drawn and/or erased incorrectly
when the underlying character has the box face attribute.  Feel free
to file a separate bug report about that.

Do I understand correctly that the two other problems you have shown
in your original report are also solved, and I can therefore close
this bug?  If not, could you please give recipes to reproduce the
other problems with box faces?