Subject: Re: bug#15094: Fix for posix_memalign on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:51:36 -0400

On 8/14/2013 10:46 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:52:53 -0400
>> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
>> CC: [email-masked]
>>
>> /* Cygwin allows applications to provide their own malloc.  As of
>> cygwin-1.7.24, applications that provide their own malloc are also
>> allowed to provide their own posix_memalign (but not memalign).  Calls
>> to memalign are handled by Cygwin's memalign, which always returns
>> ENOSYS if the application has defined its own malloc.  So we have to
>> rename memalign in order to make sure that posix_memalign calls
>> Emacs's memalign rather than Cygwin's.  */
>
> How does Cygwin memalign come into play, when Emacs provides its own?

As I said in the comment, Cygwin does not let applications define their 
own memalign.  During linking, calls to memalign become calls to 
Cygwin's memalign.

Ken