Subject: bug#15086: 24.3.50; NS variant does not build on PPC Tiger because of missing qualifier before 'vector'

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:17:33 +0200

Hello!

When nsterm.m is compiled errors occur:

In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/ 
DriverServices.h:32,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/ 
CarbonCore.h:125,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:21,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Headers/ApplicationServices.h:20,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Foundation.framework/Headers/NSAppleEventDescriptor.h:8,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h:104,
                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/ 
Headers/AppKit.h:10,
                  from nsgui.h:34,
                  from dispextern.h:78,
                  from nsterm.h:21,
                  from nsterm.m:48:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/ 
CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:115: error: expected  
specifier-qualifier-list before 'vector'

In file included from nsterm.m:48:
nsterm.h:59: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'  
before 'EmacsCGFloat'
nsterm.h:364: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'CGFloat'

nsterm.m: In function 'ns_color_to_lisp':
nsterm.m:1596: error: 'EmacsCGFloat' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsterm.m:1596: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nsterm.m:1596: error: for each function it appears in.)
nsterm.m:1596: error: expected ';' before 'red'
nsterm.m:1611: error: 'red' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1611: error: 'green' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1611: error: 'blue' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1611: error: 'alpha' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1615: error: 'gray' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m: In function 'ns_query_color':
nsterm.m:1638: error: 'EmacsCGFloat' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsterm.m:1638: error: expected ';' before 'r'
nsterm.m:1640: error: 'r' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1640: error: 'g' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1640: error: 'b' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:1640: error: 'a' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m: At top level:
nsterm.m:2561: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before  
'EmacsCGFloat'
nsterm.m:2561: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before  
'EmacsCGFloat'
nsterm.m: In function 'ns_draw_underwave':
nsterm.m:2571: error: 'x' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:2571: error: 'width' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:2579: error: 'EmacsCGFloat' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsterm.m:2579: error: expected ';' before numeric constant
nsterm.m: In function 'ns_draw_text_decoration':
nsterm.m:2623: error: too many arguments to function 'ns_draw_underwave'
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsView conversationIdentifier]':
nsterm.m:5333: warning: conflicting types for '-(NSInteger) 
conversationIdentifier'
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h: 
23: warning: previous declaration of '-(long int)conversationIdentifier'
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsView initFrameFromEmacs:]':
nsterm.m:5921: error: 'EmacsCGFloat' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsterm.m:5921: error: expected ')' before numeric constant
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsView windowDidExitFullScreen:]':
nsterm.m:6117: warning: 'EmacsView' may not respond to '- 
updateCollectionBehaviour'
nsterm.m:6117: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
nsterm.m:6117: warning: will be assumed to return 'id' and accept
nsterm.m:6117: warning: '...' as arguments.)
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsView toggleFullScreen:]':
nsterm.m:6178: warning: 'NSWindow' may not respond to '- 
toggleFullScreen:'
nsterm.m:6225: error: 'EmacsCGFloat' undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsterm.m:6225: error: expected ')' before numeric constant
nsterm.m:6263: error: expected ')' before numeric constant
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsScroller mouseDown:]':
nsterm.m:7126: error: 'last_mouse_offset' undeclared (first use in  
this function)
nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsScroller mouseDragged:]':
nsterm.m:7170: error: 'last_mouse_offset' undeclared (first use in  
this function)
make[2]: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Mac OS X 10.4.11, PPC, with powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC)  
4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5370).

--
Greetings

   Pete

Who the fsck is "General Failure," and why is he reading my disk?