Subject: bug#15071: 24.3.50; desktop-read: frameset-states accessing a non-frameset

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:50:02 +0200

Hello.

Cutomizations in my .emacs:

'(desktop-globals-to-save
   (quote
    (desktop-missing-file-warning tags-file-name tags-table-list search-ring regexp-search-ring register-alist file-name-history compile-command compile-history)))
 '(desktop-path (quote ("." "~/.emacs.d/" "~")))
 '(desktop-restore-frames t)
 '(desktop-save-mode t)

I start Emacs without any .emacs.desktop.
Start emacs, M-x desktop-save (in current directory), exit emacs.
Start emacs
Gives error:

desktop-read: frameset-states accessing a non-frameset

Attaching the .emacs.desktop.

	Jan D.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-08-11 on zeplin
Bzr revision: 113798 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure --verbose --with-ns --without-x --without-imagemagick
CFLAGS=-g3'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x b * M e s <tab> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
C-a <up> C-SPC <down> <down> <escape> w <escape> x 
r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/jhd/lib/elisp/BAK-file.el (source)...done
Loading cc-langs...done
Loading /Users/jhd/lib/elisp/ccsetup.el (source)...done
Loading icomplete...done
Loading desktop...done
Wrote /Users/jhd/src/emacs/current/.emacs.desktop.lock
desktop-read: frameset-states accessing a non-frameset

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jhd/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20130525.2329/.dir-locals hides /Users/jhd/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils magit-autoloads package desktop frameset
cus-start cus-load msb delsel advice help-fns icomplete cc-langs cl
cl-loaddefs cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs time time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)