Subject: 24.3; ftp is still broken

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:10:49 +0800

emacs -Q /[email-masked]:

Should display the FTP.GNU.ORG: directory but instead bombs -
for details, look in the *ftp [email-masked]* buffer.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2013-07-09 on Apple-Computers-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-ns' 'CC=gcc''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t SPC e m SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Opening FTP connection to ftp.gnu.org...done
Logging in as user [email-masked]...done
Getting PWD... [2 times]
Warning! Unable to get home directory
Getting PWD... [2 times]
byte-code: Unable to obtain CWD

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ange-ftp
tramp-ftp tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice
help-fns cl-lib advice-preload time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)