Subject: bug#15053: 24.3; mixal-mode quote compile-command filename

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:52:38 +1000

Starting from emacs -Q

    (progn
      (find-file "/tmp/x y.mixal")
      compile-command)
    =>
    "mixasm /tmp/x y.mixal"

where I hoped that it would quote the space in the filename, like

  (set (make-local-variable 'compile-command)
       (concat "mixasm " (shell-quote-argument buffer-file-name)))

Of course spaces in filenames are unusual, but this guards against ";"
in a filename executing shell code too.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-05-29 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-znocombreloc'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''