Subject: bug#15052: guix-0.3 make check fails, on gentoo-prefix setup

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:36:28 +0200

Hi!

Cyprien Nicolas <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I don't understand all failures, some are due to socket path length:
>
> ERROR: In procedure connect:
> ERROR: In procedure scm_to_sockaddr: unix address path too long: /home/cnicolas/gprefix/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/guix-0.3/work/guix-0.3/test-tmp/var/7770/daemon-socket/socket

Apff, yes, that’s a problem.  Guix clients connect to the build daemon
over a Unix-domain socket, and that has a shameful 108 character limit
on GNU/Linux.  Thus, all the test cases that try to connect to the build
daemon fail.

As a workaround, you could try to build in a shorter directory, if
that’s an option at all.

Alternately, you could try changing the ‘test-env’ script to use
relative directory names instead.

Can you try and report back?

TIA,
Ludo’.