Subject: bug#15048: closed (Re: bug#15048: 24.3; truncate-partial-width-windows customize type)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:44:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15048: 24.3; truncate-partial-width-windows customize type

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15048: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15048
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15048: 24.3; truncate-partial-width-windows customize type
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 03:43:00 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Fixed.

Subject: 24.3; truncate-partial-width-windows customize type
From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 08:51:08 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

truncate-partial-width-windows takes an integer value (as described in
its docstring and which is its default), but M-x customize-variable
truncate-partial-width-windows offers only boolean "on" and "off".

Perhaps the custom type could be extended to allow integers to be
entered there too.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-05-29 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-znocombreloc'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''