Subject: 24.3.50; doc string of `find-listp-find-files' etc.

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 15:06:23 -0700 (PDT)

The doc should distinguish between the files _within_ a directory, i.e.,
descending into its subdirectories recursively, and the files in a
directory, i.e., not including in descendent directories.

Pick any terminology you like, but please make it clear.  

1. `find-listp-find-files': The doc of does not at all indicate that it
in fact searches also subdirectories, recursively.

2. `find-lisp-find-files-internal': The doc says that
"DIRECTORY-PREDICATE is used to decide...", but it does not say how,
which is central to the meaning of DIRECTORY-PREDICATE.  Just say that
if DIRECTORY-PREDICATE returns non-nil then descend into subdirs etc.

3. `find-lisp-find-dired-internal': The doc says "Run find...".
Please change this to "Run `find'...".

4. `find-lisp-find-dired-filter': Please replace the doc string with
something correct or useful.  The command does not "change the
filter..." or anything of the kind.  And please wrap function names with
`...' in doc.

5. `find-lisp-format': Add a doc string.  You "lifted" this from
ls-lisp.el, but you neglected to lift the doc string along with it.

6. `find-lisp-time-index', `find-lisp-format-time': Replace the code
comments with doc strings.  This is the 21st century; we can afford
the extra cost. ;-)

7. `find-lisp-find-dired-insert-file': Add a doc string.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-08-02 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113660 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'