Subject: Re: bug#15046: 24.3.50; Extra Line under minibuffer in Mac OSX fullscreen

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:30:24 +0200

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 13:03:47 +0200
>> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
>>
>> IMO, the right fix would be to always use all the available vertical
>> space to show content, putting the leftover vertical space at the
>> bottom side of the main windows (i.e. excluding the minibuffer/echo
>> area, obviously).
>
> The minibuffer/echo area window is just another window, so why would
> Emacs treat it specially?  If other windows can have partially visible
> lines, why cannot the minibuffer window have them?

IMO, it is much better to give the leftover space to the main
window(s) than to the mini-window.  The main reason I can think of now
is that the main window(s) is (are) more likely to have more text
beyond its last wholly-visible line than the mini-window (which
usually will not need more than one line).

-- 
Dani Moncayo