Subject: bug#15046: 24.3.50; Extra Line under minibuffer in Mac OSX fullscreen

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:19:50 +0200

>> And FWIW, I've just noticed that, at least in the Windows port, this
>> problem is already fixed when both the menu bar and the tool bar are
>> hidden.
>>
>> See the attached screenshots.  They show a fullscreen "emacs -Q" session.
>> * The first one has the menu and tool bars visible, and the echo area
>> takes too much, unnecessary vertical space.
>> * The second one has the menu and toll bars hidden, and now the
>> leftover space is given to the main windows (correct).
>
> What you see is probably an optical illusion.  With the current trunk,
> leftover background space is colored correctly by Windows, but the
> fringes and scrollbar (of the minibuffer window) don't cover the entire
> screen.  Unless the screen size is a multiple of Emacs' frame character
> height.

I don't think what I see is an illusion.  I clearly see that, at the
moment I hide the menu and tool bars, the modeline moves a bit toward
the bottom, so that the remnant vertical space is now used by the main
window.

-- 
Dani Moncayo