Subject: 24.3.50; Extra Line under minibuffer in Mac OSX fullscreen

From: Deyuan Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 13:39:36 -0600

When i set font to Monaco 14 (and several different font and fontsize),
there is an extra line under minibuffer when using fullscreen in Mac
OSX. The extra line is not editable, and is not part of
minibuffer. It won't come out if no custom font is set.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-08-02 on Deyuans-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C++/l

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-line-mode: t
  multi-web-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <f1> e m <backspace> <backspace> 
d o <tab> <return> <return> a l <return> s o u r <return> 
<return> C-s <return> 1 2 <return> C-n C-n C-x 3 <f3> 
<f3> C-n M-b C-e <f8> e m <tab> <return> <f10> C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p 
C-p C-p C-p M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f <M-backspace> 
1 4 <f2> C-e C-g C-g C-g M-x l o a d <tab> f <tab> 
<return> . e m <tab> <return> C-n C-e <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> M-x d e <tab> C-g C-g <f1> C-g <f4> <return> 
C-x 3 M-n C-p C-e C-n C-n C-e C-p C-e C-n C-n C-n C-e 
C-a M-n M-p M-f M-b M-f C-n C-a M-b <return> / / SPC 
C-n <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
SPC M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-b 
M-b M-f <return> / / SPC C-n <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> SPC M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f 
M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-b M-f <return> / / SPC C-n 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> SPC 
<f2> <f3> <f4> <return> ; <backspace> <f2> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k 
<return> <f1> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <f3> M-n 
M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n 
M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n M-n <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x 
r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Restarting server
Loading /Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/plugins/javascript/js-config.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/.emacs...done
Making completion list...
Quit [3 times]
scroll-down-in-place: Beginning of buffer
Saving file /Users/deyuandeng/Documents/Computer_Science/Algorithm/_SourceCodes/GeeksforGeeks/DynamicProgramming/12.MatrixChainMultiplication.cpp...
Wrote /Users/deyuandeng/Documents/Computer_Science/Algorithm/_SourceCodes/GeeksforGeeks/DynamicProgramming/12.MatrixChainMultiplication.cpp
Saving file /Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/.emacs...
Wrote /Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/.emacs

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/plugins/javascript/js-comint hides /Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/elpa/js-comint-20080530.957/js-comint
~/.emacs.d/plugins/javascript/whitespace hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/whitespace
~/.emacs.d/plugins/javascript/linum hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/linum
/Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-0.4.12/flymake hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/Users/deyuandeng/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20130624.2315/.dir-locals hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-git
bookmark pp cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-styles
cc-align help-mode hl-line multi-term term disp-table ehelp electric
multi-web-mode dired-x dired whitespace smooth-scrolling linum
easy-mmode recentf tree-widget wid-edit uniquify ffap url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars jade-mode sws-mode
js-comint gas-mode python-mode derived skeleton thingatpt imenu flymake
rx shell pcomplete cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs compile comint
ansi-color ring ctags-update auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
ido autorevert filenotify server zenburn-theme column-marker-autoloads
ctags-autoloads ctags-update-autoloads espresso-theme-autoloads
flymake-autoloads jade-mode-autoloads jedi-autoloads
auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads js-comint-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads info multi-term-autoloads
multi-web-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads smooth-scrolling-autoloads
sws-mode-autoloads websocket-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
yasnippet-bundle-autoloads yasnippet-bundle cl-macs gv dropdown-list
advice help-fns yasnippet edmacro kmacro easymenu assoc cl nadvice
cl-loaddefs cl-lib zenburn-theme-autoloads package time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)